Friday, August 7, 2009

HDR



After learning a few new tricks with HDR (high dynamic range) photography, I pulled out my Cactus Bling shot that I posted awhile back and had a little fun with it. I was disappointed in the way the original version looked since it didn't show the colors that were there in person, which is why I converted it to black and white. This is a common thing trying to photograph something in the desert during the day. So I guess this new version makes up for the lack of color before! I'm hoping to find some new subjects to do more HDR stuff with when I'm not having good luck with the birds.

On a side note, I was shocked and saddened to find the junk has been removed from this Giant Saguaro. Guess it was a victim of a road cleanup project. So this image is now one of a kind!

1 comment:

Frank said...

I love the HDR stuff.. I have done a lot of it in the past. especially when the shadows are long.