Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ghost Bird



Just wanted to post this quick so this bird can be seen by all! On the way back north after some birding in Patagonia this morning, I checked my phone and saw a report of a leucistic American Kestrel. My reaction was "wow! a white kestrel!". Not knowing where in Arizona the bird may be, I figured I'd find out more about it later. No more than ten minutes later while driving up the two lane highway, I happened upon the white kestrel! Needless to say, my eyes bugged out and I can happily say the ABS brakes on the car are working great! I grabbed my camera, jumped out, and the bird flew off the power lines and back into the trees. I set my camera on my bean bag on the roof of the car and the kestrel flew from far back in the trees straight toward me and landed in a great spot for me to photograph him. So here are a couple of my shots. What a gorgeous bird!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great opportunity and amazing shots. -Catherine

Peleechickadee said...

That is a really sweet bird, and great photos!! Never seen a leucistic Kestrel before. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bryan im here at school and looking your pictures.I think there better the 3rd time. From, Zyra